What's my craze with low fat recipes these days? First we have some ultra low fat high fibre healthy applesauce oatmeal muffins, and next we are eating salad! Maybe that's why I'm feeling depressed lately. Due to the lack of fats. Fats make you happy? Hmmm..
I know where my "depression" stems from. I get my "depression" from working life. My "depression" is in inverted commas because I'm not actually depressed. I'm just feeling depressed. But I am not depressed. Get it? No? Doesn't matter. There are tons of people from working life who will frustrate the hell out of you, such as
- Mr Dumb-But-Act-Smart-And-Makes-A-Mess-Out-Of-Everything
- Mr Stupid-But-Dunno-He-Is-Stupid-And-Makes-A-Mess-Out-Of-Everything
- Mr Smart-But-Pretends-To-Be-Dumb-And-Makes-A-Mess-Out-Of-Everthing
- Mr I-Know-It-All-But-All-Talk-And-No-Action
- Mr Boss-Who-Knows-Nothing-And-Gets-Himself-(Or-Me)-In-Trouble-All-The-Time
- Miss Drop-Me-An-Email-Cos-I-Need-To-Cover-My-Ass
- Mr Drop-Me-An-Email-For-Your-Request-And-Copy-My-Boss-So-That-He-Knows-I'm-Working
- Miss I-Like-Your-Bag-And-I-Buy-An-Imitation-A-Week-Later
- Madam I-Have-Been-Here-The-Last-20-Years-And-This-Is-How-This-Has-Been-Done-The-Last-20-Years-So-We-Have-To-Do-This-Like-How-We-Have-Been-Doing-It-The-Last-20-Years.
Madam is most likely to be single, by the way. And I noticed I have more "Mr"s in the list. I, on the other hand, am Miss Efficiency (yes!) and Miss Intelligence (definitely!) when it comes to work. So just how much longer do I have to put with with those... those... nevermind.
Disclaimer: Any resemblence of the above characters to anyone you know is purely coincidental. And I must stress again, it's purely coincidental.
Now, what has this got to do with my salad? Nothing. Hmm. It's okay, let's come back to making our salad. You can make this if you've been eating too much lately during Chinese New Year, or have too many egg whites left over from baking pineapple tarts. Or when you're feeling a tad depressed, tomatoes are anti-depressants I think! At least their bright red colour cheers you up!
Low Fat Salad Recipe - serves 2
1 Iceberg Lettuce, peeled and cut into small pieces - keep refrigerated until use
2 Red Tomatoes, sliced - keep refrigerated until use
2 Chicken Breast Fillets
Teriyaki Sauce (or any of your favourite marinades)
4 Egg Whites, lightly salt and pepper
2 Teaspoon Olive Oil
Dressing - combine the following ingredients:
Juice and Zest of 1 Lemon
1 Teaspoon Honey
Marinate and bake chicken (wrap in foil) in oven at 200 deg Celcius for 20 mins. Slice the chicken when cooked. Keep the marinate juice in the foil.
Heat olive oil in a small pan. Pour 2 egg whites to fill the pan and let it cook over low heat slowly. You should have a round, thin layer of lightly browned fried egg whites. Remove from pan and set aside. Repeat with remaining 2 eggs.
In a salad bowl, fill 2 bowls with cut lettuce. Spread sliced tomatoes on top. Pour in salad dressing and sprinkle raisins. Place one of the fried egg whites on top of the tomatoes, spread some sliced chicken on the egg, and pour the marinate juice from the foil over the chicken. Then, wrap the egg to complete the chicken omelette. Serve.